The Ancient House in Walthamstow Village is a timber framed hall, believed to have been originally constructed in 1435. Although the building was continually used for both domestic and commercial purposes until 2000, chronic decay necessitated a Contract for the extensive restoration and the complete re-construction of the oak frame. The structure is Listed Grade 2 and falls within a Conservation area.
Fullers (Builders) Ltd were employed to carefully dismantle the entire timber frame to the hall and to carry out a series of complex repairs and improvements to the existing timber sections. The repair ethos addressed the inherent design flaws with the frame whilst maintaining the original appearance of the building.
Using our team of directly employed staff of craftsmen and craftswomen, we were able to undertake the modifications and repairs to an overall contract value of £600,000.00.